Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wheelchair Tennis

While surfing the tube before going to bed I noticed this on the Tennis Channel. It was the US Open Men's Final between Kunieda and Ammerlaan. The rules are basically the same with the exception of the allowance of a second bounce. The first bounce has to be in the court, while the second bounce can be anywhere.

The game takes enormous agility and the ability to master several tasks at once. Using the free hand to move the chair about, the key to wheelchair tennis is to keep the chair moving. The problem is that it takes so much force to just get the chair going from a complete stop, keeping it moving allows one to change direction quickly.

I'm hooked on another sport folks! It never fails that I find something else to capture my undying attention. Keep a look out, you never know what will interest me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment