There is a short trailer for Paramount Picture's upcoming film G.I. Joe - The Movie. I guess it was aired during the Super Bowl but I must have been getting chips or something because I didn't see it.
This movie looks pretty amazing with the downing of the Eiffel Tower and all. I wonder what my buddy Samson has to say about it. He is the foremost expert on all things G.I. Joe. The man has the C.O.B.R.A. emblem tattooed on both arms.
I'm not so big on the 30 second trailers because they tend to show more action, comedy or film footage than is necessary. Because the trailers are packed into such a tight time constraint I think they feel the need to show you the more intense portions of the film. This in turn destroys your viewing experience when you finally do see the movie.
An example of this I recently experienced is when I saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop. While I think they did a tremendous job making the funny parts of the trailer be not funny at all in the movie that took away from the experience. I remember when he slides to the floor and has to scoot behind a pillar for cover his hilariously depicted in the trailer with great background music and sound effects. When it was shown in the movie there was no accompaniment of additional sounds - just the squeak of the floor and him grunting behind the pillar. This just shows the lack of depth that some of these scripts have.
Well now that I've slammed the medium in which this trailer is being presented - here is it without further ado.
Expect Odd Things Archive
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (23)
- Conan's Cast-Off
- Wedding Update(d)
- NHL moves awards ceremony to Las Vegas
- I.M. Pei's Fredonia State
- ESPN's Top Plays of the Week
- Jenn Stuczynski
- So I Married . . . Best Clips
- Legalize - Yes We Can
- Marijuana Role Models - from the MPP
- My Cousin is Crazy
- BOOB SNOW!
- Sabres Win One for Flight 3407
- Take Some Time to Skank Today
- G.I. Joe The Movie
- NHL Voices - Rick Jeanneret
- CHAZZ HAS ARRIVED!!
- Soccer Update
- Are You Juicy Too?
- Did Someone Say Buffalo Hockey?
- Weed Wednesday - MS & Homegrown
- Robinho's AMAZING Goal
- BANTU - "Lagos Jump"
- Top Gear: Season 12 Premiere
- Phelps Photo Reactions
- Ernest Ranglin & the High Notes - Surfin' (Live)
- Derrick Does It Again
- SABRES ON THE WARPATH!
- Phelps Accepts Punishment
- A message from SSDP
- Happy Birthday Bob Marley
- Fanboys Trailer
- Vallarta Adventure's Outdoor Adventure
- Scooter By Any Other Name
- Weed Wednesday
- Derek Jeter's Taco Hole
- The Eagles - Life in the Fast Lane
- Bonnaroo '09 Artists Announced
- Sabres Drop Gloves
- ▼ February 2009 (40)