Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Former UNLV Rebel and the 2006-07 NBA D-League Rookie of the Year - Louis Amundson is back in the desert playing for the Phoenix Suns. According to NBA.com's Fantasy News he is "averaging 18.6 minutes, 5.9 points, 6.5 boards and 0.9 blocks over his last eight games." Now I've never really like the NBA too much, or even follow it much to this day, but I continue to check in on my boy Amundson.

I remember walking around campus to class one day and I saw him leaned over panting madly, sweat pouring from his brow and he had his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. I just smiled at him and gave him a nod to acknowledge I knew who he was. I always knew the way he worked on and off the court that he'd make it. He's worked like a dog in the D-League, sat on the bench on a couple NBA squads but finally he is getting a legitamate chance to prove his value in the NBA. He used to post up with the likes of Ute 7-footers like NBA #1 Overall pick Andrew Bogut and still attending Utah Luke Nevill, so I always knew he could make in the NBA.

Here is his player card widget from NBA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Expect Odd Things Archive