Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Duel in Dallas


Well after my Cowboys barely scraped by the Buffalo Bills this past Monday, they have a lot of questions to answer. And apparently one of four stars on Sunday has decided to forgo the fielding of any questions; especially about the 'other 81'. Both QBs were brought in during a Drew Bledsoe regime, both replaced him, both darlings of the media, and both through to arguably either the best receiver in the league or the most futile, depending on the given Sunday.


Naturally I'll be wearing my Witten jersey come Sunday. I'll probably have a couple down by the time kickoff rolls around. Navy and silver beads around my neck, with a bold star hanging from those beads. I'll clasp my hands around them as Troy Aikman and Joe Buck begin their intros. Bouncing up and down nervously I wait. I know that Tony Romo and Tom Brady will duke it out while never being on the field at the same time. Randy Moss and Terrell Owens will do the same.


Somehow I feel that this game will come down to field positioning. That means it all comes down to the kickers. So really I feel that this Duel in Dallas is about Gostkowski vs Folk. Well neither are very notable, but we all know Folk from this past Monday's heroics, so one up for the Cowboys there. Then it's McBriar vs Hanson, which puts an Aussie footballer vs a Marshall grad. I think I'll take one of the best punters in the entire league in McBriar there.

So there you have it folks, Folk and McBriar bring er home for my 'Boys. How Bout Dem Apples?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Expect Odd Things Archive