Finally the Buffalo Sabres arrived to participate in the NHL regular season. After a home-and-home sweep by the Islanders, the Sabres were desperately hurting for a win. As Mike Robitaille stated in the pregame coverage Buffalo had to keep their goals against average down. And the Sabres did just that marking a 6-0 shutout of the returning Southeast Division Champions the Atlanta Thrashers.
The boys from B-Lo were looking to match the feat of the Carolina Hurricanes the day before in having a different player score for each of their goals. Ales Kotalik started off the scoring in the 1st period followed by Tim Connolly and Brian Campbell all scored on the power play. Then Jason Pominville started off a two tally 2nd period with a short handed goal on a two on one breakaway. Derek Roy scored again with three seconds remaining in the 2nd period to put the Sabres up 5-0. Looking forward to his first full season in a Sabres jersey is Danny Paille who capped the night off with a goal in the closing seconds of the game. Ryan Miller posts the 5th shutout of his career and his first for the 07-08 NHL season.
The Blue and Gold looked backed to form in their defeat of what many consider to be one of the better teams in the NHL. Let's hope that the Sabres can keep up their winning ways. As of this point their looking from the bottom up in the Northeast Division of the Eastern Confernce.
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!
Expect Odd Things Archive
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (177)
- We Are Marshall (Stage 6)
- Flyers need to control their players or pay the pr...
- Evening Harder: An Evening With Kevin Smith II
- We Own the Night
- ECO 1992
- Teabagging Master Chief to Fitness - G4TV
- Press the Spacebar 2000
- First of Eight Battles
- King of Kong Trailer (Movie link below)
- Daft Punk @ Coachella Festival '06
- When Metallica Ruled the World
- Sabres Rally 6-0 Past Thrashers
- Kenna -
- The Henderson Fire Dept Hurt My Car (a year ago)
- THE KING OF KONG: Fistful of Quarters
- The Duel in Dallas
- Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
- Drafting Today: FANTASY CONGRESS!
- Wait on Halo 3 - I Am! Okay, okay, the only reason...
- NHL HITS THE ICE FULL SWING!
- Expect Odd Things
- ▼ October 2007 (21)