Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Tonight, after two lackluster games in London, the NHL opens the season here in North America. Returning Stanley Cup champs, the Anaheim Ducks, splitting those two games in London with the Los Angeles Kings. Each game ending 4-1, with a breakout performance in Saturday's game by Kings' netminder Jonathan Bernier.
The Ducks have a rough road ahead of them. Tonight the face perennial Western Confernce powerhouse the Detroit Red Wings. Versus Network will air the game when the puck drops at 7pm ET. The Red Wings ride Dominick Hasek into his 15th NHL Season. Loaded with their usuals: Lidstrom, Chelios, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, the Red Wings always seem to pose a serious threat.
Ottawa sucks so forget them as do the Leafs so we're not gonna talk about them. (We're both die-hard Buffalo Sabres fans so we have, what one could call, a LOATHING for both teams. Round them out with the Flyers and you pretty much have our hatred trio in hockey.)
The Avalanche seek to improve greatly behind Joe Sakic, Jose Theodore, and Paul Stasny. Missing the playoffs last year hurt them something bad and they look to strike back with a vengeance this year. They've added to their roster this off-season, picking up D Scott Hannan from the Sharks, and the cry-baby RW Ryan Smyth from the Islanders by way of Edmonton. The Stars look alive and ready to repeat their playoff appearance from last season, their stars Mike Modano and Brendan Morrow are fully healed from their injuries from last year. The come into this season with a chip on their shoulders after their first round exit from the post-season.
This season fires up tonight. Pick a game. Pick a winner. Pick your nose, just pick the NHL!
Expect Odd Things Archive
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (177)
- We Are Marshall (Stage 6)
- Flyers need to control their players or pay the pr...
- Evening Harder: An Evening With Kevin Smith II
- We Own the Night
- ECO 1992
- Teabagging Master Chief to Fitness - G4TV
- Press the Spacebar 2000
- First of Eight Battles
- King of Kong Trailer (Movie link below)
- Daft Punk @ Coachella Festival '06
- When Metallica Ruled the World
- Sabres Rally 6-0 Past Thrashers
- Kenna -
- The Henderson Fire Dept Hurt My Car (a year ago)
- THE KING OF KONG: Fistful of Quarters
- The Duel in Dallas
- Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
- Drafting Today: FANTASY CONGRESS!
- Wait on Halo 3 - I Am! Okay, okay, the only reason...
- NHL HITS THE ICE FULL SWING!
- Expect Odd Things
- ▼ October 2007 (21)