Its 22: 00. End of practice. Need ten minutes to relax, let go and tune "back to myself".
The best way of doing “theatre” is going with the flow. The key is in letting go. Every time I finish with one project I notice I grew as a person but I also notice that is absolutely essential not to hang onto it but know that “tomorrow is a new day” with a new, fresh view of life, new me, new play and new director. Being present seeing, hearing is what makes being involved in theatre so exciting and magical.
What do I love about it all? Its potential for magic. Full of real people there right in front of you just like they are, true emotions, light making magic touching you in the darkness of your seat, the sound of laughing, crying, the smell of the sweat, the music that comes in just where your soul wants to break down and cry or feels bigger than life. Actors sharing their deepest secrets with an audience in their revealing ways, showing their flesh, blood, unprotected inner organs shining in the beauty of the power of love with which they perform making you dream, cry, sense there is more to life and that all your deepest emotions have a place in this world. Theatre is about expansion, about creating magic moments just in front of you, about experiencing energy coming right into your embrace, never to be repeated.
Its almost like climbing a personal mountain, sometimes very uncomfortable because you need to face yourself as that is all you have. Yourself. You are your own tool. You don’t have a brush like painters but your own body, voice, emotions, memories; you just have your life and your experiences. You are the one who paints a character, with your colors. So this amazing job requires a lot of work from within, a lot of confrontations with yourself and being able to think without an ego when necessary.
In everyday life what happens is, you start loving being yourself. You start recognizing masks and it gets easier to lose them. I think acting helps me become a better human being. I think it is important to know it is first being a human being and then an actor second. It can’t go other way around because you are the source of creation. And because at the end of the day, you can only as human. An actor must stand behind their work fully conscious of what you are giving to the world.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Expect Odd Things Archive
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (23)
- Free-For-All Friday - Sabres are Red Hot!
- Guest Blogger Thursday - CMuck's Life in Frisco
- Tuesday Brewsday - North American Breweries
- Mad About Music Monday - Homemade Jamz Blues Band
- Steaming Sundays - Couples Retreat
- Football in Europe?
- ... And We're Back
- Guest Blogger Thursday - Mike D's Trappist Monks
- Forgetful Friday - Alice in Chains (self-titled)
- Guest Blogger Thursday - JBrown's Political Rant
- Website Wednesday - IMDb
- Tuesday Brewsday - Guinness 250th Anniversary Stou...
- Mad About Music Monday - Rodrigo y Gabriela
- Streaming Sundays - The IT Crowd
- Special Apperance Saturday - College Humor Prank W...
- Forgetful Fridays - Daft Punk's Musique
- Guest Blogger Thursday - White Lioness from Sloven...
- Website Wednesday - Sabres.NHL.TV
- Christopher Cross & The Legendary Roots Crew
- Tuesday Brewsday - The Great American Beer Festiva...
- Mad About Music Monday - Terence Blanchard Group '...
- Streaming Sundays - It's Always Sunny in Philadelp...
- Special Appearance Saturday - The National Parks: ...
- Forgetful Fridays - Pure Funk
- Guest Blogger Thursday - Amanda K.
- ▼ October 2009 (25)