Sunday, October 11, 2009

Streaming Sundays - The IT Crowd


The IT Crowd is a British comedy starring Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayodade, and Katherine Parkinson on Channel 4 in the UK. The seasons are only six episodes long and it just finished up it's third season. If you have Netflix, you can watch all three seasons (1, 2, 3) streaming instantly.

This hilarious sitcom is about the perils of an IT department in downtown London as the try and assist everyday working folk with their various computer problems. I used to work in an IT department at UNLV so I regularly find myself gasping for air, and slapping my knee as I watch these episodes.




Apparently NBC shot a pilot episode for an American version of the show starring Joel McHale as Roy and Richard Ayodade reprising his role as Morris back in 2007. Now that Joel is on NBC's Community it's highly unlikely that the pilot. I also found this blog post from the creator of the UK series Graham Linehan. In it he doesn't sound to informed on the process of them turning this into an American sitcom.



I just noticed that Joel McHale's t-shirt in that promo picture is the same as Chris O'Dowd's in the original pilot. Not knowing what RTFM meant, I had to go google it and it came back as: Read the Fucking Manual. That's hilarious!

Here is the first episode of "The IT Crowd". I'm sure the rest of the first season can be found online with a few google searches. The Channel 4 website hosts all three seasons however I believe you have to be in the UK to be able to watch them streaming from their site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Expect Odd Things Archive